What We Do
When was the last time you raised your hand, stepped in and got involved?
Last year Assistance League of Glendale, a nonprofit, nonsectarian, nonpolitical philanthropic organization donated 15,927 hours and made a big difference to many people in Glendale by providing:
- New clothing and shoes to more than 520 Glendale school students through Operation School Bell®
- Weekly training with opportunities for challenged adults to learn vocational skills
- $7,000 scholarships to high school and community college students
- Presentations in three elementary schools by authors and illustrators with a $1,500 donation to each school library to promote literacy
- Study workshops to help 138 students prepare for SAT (college entrance) tests
- Monthly luncheon and activities welcome 70 seniors.